This Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie contains blueberries, spinach and almonds to help reduce inflammation in your body. Let food be thy medicine!
Over the last few years, many studies have shown that inflammation contributes to a number of health conditions and symptoms. Things like skin rashes, digestive troubles, headaches and migraines, brain fog, fatigue, and more can often be attributed to inflammation.
- A study from the University of Toronto suggests that eating a healthy diet, including almonds, reduces inflammation by about the same level as taking a first-generation statin drug.
- Spinach is one of the best known of all the anti-inflammatory superfoods. 9 It contains lutein, which is related to vitamin A and beta-carotene. Spinach also gives you iron, vitamin K, and folate, and it is very low in calories,
- Packed with antioxidants and phytoflavinoids, blueberries are also high in potassium and vitamin C, making them the top choice of doctors and nutritionists. Not only can they lower your risk of heart disease and cancer, they are also anti-inflammatory
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- ⅔ - 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 handfuls spinach or leafy greens
- 1 T almond butter
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ - ¼ tsp cayenne start light and add as desired
- 1 tsp maca powder optional
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 376mg | Potassium: 991mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 6063IU |