Valerie Webb LMT, CMLDT
A little about me
Val has been a Licensed Massage Therapist since June 2006. She specializes in neuromuscular and deep tissue bodywork, including soft tissue manipulation, myofascial release, muscular energy techniques, injury specific rehabilitation and resistance/relaxation stretches.
- Graduated with honors from the Boulder College of Massage Therapy’s 1,000-hour certification program. She has extensive coursework in neuromuscular, deep tissue and sports techniques.
- Experience in Swedish therapeutic and Zen Shiatsu massage. Val spent an additional 200 hours in her coursework focusing on Master Bodyworker for Orthopedic and Sports Massage in the Advanced Bodywork Studies Program.
- Certification in Manual Lymph drainage from Klose Training, based on the internationally recognized Vodder Manual Lymph Drainage protocol and techniques.
To help clients benefit from the positive effects of therapeutic massage as it fits into their personal, competitive or comprehensive rehabilitation programs. She enjoys sharing her knowledge and specialized healing techniques with each client. One of her primary goals is to help her clients reduce stress and tension, promote relaxation, ease chronic pain and musculoskeletal injuries.
How I spend my free time
I spend it with my two grown daughters (who are both nurses) and my two grandchildren and family. I'm also into meditation, learning tai chi and yoga. I've been a yogi for 20 years+ and believe in its healing properties-Iyengar and Restorative are my favorites. I'm also an avid reader - belong to a book & scrabble club.
- BS in Home Economics/Merchandising, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK (1983)
- LMT, Boulder College of Massage Therapy, Boulder, CO (2006)
- Whitney Lowe’s Orthopedic Massage (2012, 2013)
- Klose’ Manual Lymph Drainage (2018)